Assassin's Creed III User Review
- Time Spent:
- 20 to 40 Hours
- The Bottom Line:
I believe this game was a great entry in the series. Breathtaking visuals and background audio make the colonial cities of Boston and New York sound bustling with life, and give you the feeling of a world on the verge of revolution. So bravo to Ubisoft for having captured the vitality, and emotion within the time frame of the story unfolding.
Now to be honest the story was great. The first 12 hours of gameplay or so can be quite a grind for series followers as we have been so accustomed in the past to being able to just jump in and assassinate. However the creators wanted to give the player's the full story so I commend them for that as well.
Now as far as stories go Connor's story was very engaging and great. His desire for justice, and revenge seemed to intertwine without even the notion of good or evil which was nice. However, the only let dow in the story was that you never really discover the intentions of those you assassinate. Everything in the game is cryptic, and for this being the last entry in the series that we currently know of, there just seemed to be so much in the end that you're left not with the slightest idea of what really happened. And that was really unfortunate.
Now the side quests are great, and abundant, but I saw myself as a completionist, and was able to collect if not near everything in the game in roughly 40 hours of gameplay, which again was kind of discerning. The naval fights are tremendously....awesome. I think the naval battles were probably the best thing in the game, but again once you do every mission that's it. The game offers the ability to replay everything and that's fine but I'm just not the type of person that really likes to backtrack, so I get what I get.
Overall great game, minor bugs, but loses interest fast. Now if you like multiplayer god bless ya, but I've never gotten into it, and probably never will, much like Mass Effect if it's a one player experiece keep it that way.
More User Reviews
- Player Reviews: 106
- Game Universe:
- Assassin's Creed (PC, MOBILE, PS3, X360, DS, IP, BB, WINM),
- Assassin's Creed II (PS3, PC, X360, PSP, IP, DS, BB),
- Assassin's Creed II: Battle of Forli (PS3, X360),
- Assassin's Creed II: Bonfire of the Vanities (X360, PS3),
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS3, X360, PC, MAC),
- Assassin's Creed III (PS3, X360, WIIU, PC),
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - The Da Vinci Disappearance (PS3, X360),
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - The Da Vinci Edition (PS3, X360),
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3, X360, PC),
- Assassin's Creed: Ultimate Collection (PC)
Assassin's Creed III Navigation