- More problems for Love Fist--this time their limo has been rigged to explode if it goes under a certain speed. You'll need to drive around at high speeds while listening to the band's absurd chatter until the bomb is defused. The detonation meter grows steadily if you dip below a certain speed and shrinks when you exceed that speed.
- Contrary to what the game might suggest, you don't have to travel at top speed to keep from blowing up. Press the button only hard enough to maintain a decent speed without allowing the detonation meter to grow. You should begin by traveling south, gently taking the left turn onto the main road. Making sharp turns and colliding with other vehicles is a great danger. If you slow down to a near stop, it's impossible to gain enough speed to prevent an explosion. Turning back and heading north after a long straight drive works well, as does touring Starfish Island.
- Once the bomb has been defused you simply drive the band back to its venue and receive your payment.
HaitiansA familiar voice will call you here and back again to perform favors, but you may not remember them afterward. The Cubans will never realize you're for the other side, and neither will you. Something about that tea...
- Full health and body armor are advised. You need to make it to Auntie Poulet's stash before the cops do. You have all the time you need to make it to the first package, but once you grab it you'll be given a 60-second timer, and SWAT officers will ambush and pursue you. You're also slammed with a two-star wanted level. If the timer runs out, you can track down the officer who has the package and take it by force.
- Make it to the next yellow mark on your radar to find the second package. When you grab it you'll be given another 60-second timer and four stars.
- There's one last package to attain. Once you have it you'll make one more timed dash, this time to Auntie Poulet's house. You're given a puny reward for all the trouble you just went through, but you may not remember it too well afterward.
- First make your way to the Top Fun van to begin the mission. You'll be briefly instructed on how to pilot the RC planes and then will be sent off to destroy the Cubans and their boats. The targets are clearly marked with pink arrows. Avoid enemy fire and send your targets to the big boatyard in the sky. One last man will try to escape by car. If you can tag him before he gets to the road, do so; otherwise, watch out for buildings and trees.
- There's a large old-fashioned brawl between the Cubans and the Haitians. This time you're pulling for the guys from Little Haiti. You need to tip the odds with a sniper rifle, but if you're spotted, you'll fail the mission.
- You need to get to the roof of the building overlooking the scene if you want to succeed. Grab the adrenaline pill nearby to slow things down and make your job easier. With a good aim you'll have no problem completing the mission.
Biker GangThe bikers are a tough gang of lawless individuals headed by Mitch Baker. If nothing else, these missions will improve the way you handle a bike.
Alloy Wheels of Steel
- To prove yourself to Mitch Baker, you'll have to race against a few of his boys to show that you can handle a motorcycle. It's a simple checkpoint race: You must pass through each of the checkpoints successively and be the first to arrive at the finish line. Driving bikes is very different from driving cars, so you may need a bit of practice before you can get it. The other drivers will help you out a bit though, as they're quite prone to slamming into things and taking spills themselves. You'll get a paltry sum of money for proving yourself, and you'll be able to attempt the next biker mission.
Messing With the Man
- This is a very simple mission that can be quite difficult, and it's one that you'll want full health and armor for. You're required to cause as much chaos as you can within two minutes, which is measured by a handy onscreen meter. Killing people (especially cops) and destroying vehicles is the order of the day. You'll hear a tick each time you do something to fill up the meter.
- Using a vehicle can definitely be to your advantage, because it will keep you from being damaged. The downside is that the police can easily bust you if you get stuck or stop moving for too long. Recommended weapons are the Colt Python, the MP5, and a weapon suitable for destroying vehicles, such as grenades or a machine gun. When you do fill up the meter, head for your hideout or the Pay 'n' Spray to get rid of that nasty wanted level you've worked up.
- If all that was too much trouble, there's a glitch that lets you fill the chaos gauge by shooting a car until it explodes, then shooting it even more (use a weapon you can aim in first-person view). It works, but Mitch surely wouldn't approve of your method.