Final Fantasy IV Hints & Cheats
Item DuplicationYou will only only be able to dupicate items that can be held in the Left Hand or Right Hand. A great way to get loads of Excaliburs to throw. Go into battle and select an empty slot in your item list. Keep pressing UP until you get to the equipment list for the Left and Right Hand. Select the item that you want to duplicate, then escape from the battle by holding L+R. Open up the menu and go to the character equipment. Re-equip your item. You will notice it has a 2 next to it. De-Equip it and then Re-equip it, to split it in half.
Skip Sealed CaveIn any version of FFIV, you can skip the entire Sealed Cave sequence and get the crystal early. As soon as Rydia rejoins your party and you have full control over your characters (out of battle), cast warp. You will be in a crystal chamber with a crystal on the pedestal. Take it! Now, all you have to do is enter the Sealed Cave to trigger the next part of the story. Of course, this means that if you do still want to level and loot, you're going to be doing it short a party member..
255 of Any Weapon for CecilFirst, equip any type of arrows to Cecil's right hand and any type of bow to his left hand. You must also have the weapon called "Avenger". Then, enter a battle. View Cecil's equipment by pressing up on the Item's list. Then, select the arrows and put it in an empty slot. Select the bow and also put it in an empty slot. Then, select the slot in Cecil's left hand and put the Avenger in it. Let Cecil finish off the enemies. Then, open up the menu and select equip. You will notice an odd symbol on Cecil's right hand. De-equip the Avenger. Now, select Cecil's right hand and put in the weapon you want to multiply by 255. Then, de-equip the weapon. In your items list, you should have Cecil's weapon with a weird symbol next to it. That symbol symbolizes 255.
Equip a stolen weapon in any characterHere is a glitch that I discovered in my PS game. Have Edge use his "Steal" command in a enemy that have a weapon or a shield. Then let the character you want to equip with the new weapon in waiting for command mode (blinking with a menu). The character must be in this mode in the exact moment that Edge steals the enemy. When Edge steals the enemy, go to the "Item" command, and the weapon will be displayed in white, meaning it can be equipped. With that glitch I have Rydia equipped with a Mithryl Shield(Tortoise), and a FireSpr(Flameman), and I have Cecil equipped with a Gaia Hammer(Staleman).
Walkthroughs & FAQs
Hints & FAQs provided courtesy of GameFAQs.
Hot Forum Topics
- Looking for RPG with great classes and story - PC Only
- What do you think about contemporary RPGs? And are there enough of them?
- What gameplay aspect would you like to see in the next Final Fantasy?
- Where's that FF6 remake already?
- EX Dungeon????????
- Where am I?
- See All Final Fantasy IV Forum Topics »
- Player Reviews: 9
- Game Universe:
- Final Fantasy XI (PS2, PC, X360),
- Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia (PC, PS2),
- Final Fantasy VII (PC, PS),
- Final Fantasy VIII (PC, PS),
- Final Fantasy II (NES, GBA, PS),
- Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan (PC, PS2),
- Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess (PS2, X360, PC),
- Final Fantasy XI: Vana'diel Collection 2008 (X360, PS2, PC),
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, X360),
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (PSP)
- Number of Players:
Final Fantasy IV Navigation