Final Fantasy VIII Hints & Cheats
Alternative way to get Missable GFsIf you missed any GF on your way through the game, you can get them during Disc Four at Ultimecia's Castle. After defeating Sphinxaur, choose to unlock the Draw ability. You'll then be able to draw te following GFs from the corresponding Bosses.
How to Unlock Unlockable Draw from Gargantua Cerberus Draw from Krysta Carbuncle Draw from Red Giant Pandemona Draw from Trauma Leviathan Draw from Tri-Point Siren Draw from Catoblepas Alexander Draw from Tiamat Eden
Dancing SoldiersIn the Galbadian Missle Base mission (in control of Selphie) at the missle control panel hold square (card button), triangle (cancel button), and up on the missle select screen and the missles will change to a dancing Galbadian soldier.
Defeating Abadon easilyIf you want to kill Abadon (Disk 3) with minimal fuss, use a phoenix down or elixer on it and it will die instantly. This works with other undead enemies and bosses as well.
Get Unlimited Free PotionsYou can get free Potions in Timber. Get Rinoa or Quistis in the party, then go to the bridge where you saw the guards. Keep returning until a man appears. Talk to him, then talk to him a second time to receive a Potion. Leave the screen and return until he appears again and repeat. This is good for getting gil, or just to store up for a battle.
Infinite GilTo do this you must have the Recovery-Med RF ability and 100,000 Gil to start with. First you buy 100 tents. You then RF it into 25 Mega-Potions and sell them. You will gain your 100,000 Gil investment and an extra 25,000 Gil. This can be enhaced using Tonberry's Haggle abillity
Easy escape from battleFirst off, you must have the ATB set to 'Wait'. During battle, access a menue window (Magic/Draw/Item/GF, etc) then hold down the run command (L2 & R2). The game disables enemies from attacking you since you're in 'Wait' mode, but continues to allow you to escape. This is a guaranteed escape from any escapable battle without taking damage while attempting to run.
Walkthroughs & FAQs
Hints & FAQs provided courtesy of GameFAQs.
Hot Forum Topics
- What do you think about contemporary RPGs? And are there enough of them?
- New THING!!
- Suitable walkthough
- What gameplay aspect would you like to see in the next Final Fantasy?
- Anything I should know before playing?
- Where's that FF6 remake already?
- FF8 disk compatibility
- Where am I?
- See All Final Fantasy VIII Forum Topics »
- Player Reviews: 596
- Game Universe:
- Final Fantasy XI (PS2, PC, X360),
- Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia (PC, PS2),
- Final Fantasy VII (PC, PS),
- Final Fantasy VIII (PC, PS),
- Final Fantasy II (NES, GBA, PS),
- Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan (PC, PS2),
- Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess (PS2, X360, PC),
- Final Fantasy XI: Vana'diel Collection 2008 (X360, PS2, PC),
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, X360),
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (PSP)
- Number of Players:
Final Fantasy VIII Navigation