This topic is now read-only on GameSpot.
To post new messages, please visit GameFAQs and log in using the same email and password that you use on GameSpot.
- Apr 22, 2012 8:58 am GMTI didn't even realize Gilgamesh had a first form. To be fair, Goblin Chieftain was only out for a couple seconds. Cloudburst was out most of the chaining process. I'd still go with some auto-abilities.
- Apr 22, 2012 10:42 am GMTYeah, Gilgamesh starts out with six guns (one of which, at least, is a bazooka, which reminds me of why I HATED the PSICom soldiers in FFXIII), and only 999,999 HP. After soundly beating his face in, he throws the guns to the floor in disgust, and summons his swords, and gains an additional NINE MILLION HP. Which, still makes me go: "Wait, what?!".
I'm not surprised that people skip that first portion of the battle, since even lower leveled players could beat him without trouble... only to learn the horror of "multi-form battles".
And given that FFTester started the battle with Goblin Chieftain out in his Paradigm Deck, auto-abilities would have been a good choice... but, here again, I ask: "Why did he do that?!" in regards to a completely unmodified monster.
I actually find myself annoyed that he's that good, that he doesn't even NEED to boost up his monsters. It's like it's taunting me a bit.
- Apr 22, 2012 10:46 am GMTI think FFTester is the player who beat Orphan in NCU using no Elixirs, which is nuts. I know he also beat FFXIII-2 NCU as well.
- Apr 22, 2012 11:21 am GMTThat... would explain it then. This guy is obviously an alien, who decided not to destroy the Earth, and instead fell in love with Lightning, and then Serrah, and devoted his time and energy into playing FFXIII and FFXIII-2 as tribute to his beloved women, to one day free them from their digital cage, and make them his wifu. It's the most obvious answer.
...but seriously, mad props to the guy, for his amazing ability to whoop major digital ass. I can't really complain, since his videos have aided me on some of my own Time Attacking endeavours. It just makes me think: "Wow, as great as I am, this guy makes me look stupid. D'oh!" sometimes. That's not to say I'm unimpressed, because I'm trying to replicate his results, and maybe "improve" on them. So there is respect, even if I kid a bit about him having a binary vascular system, a TARDIS, and that he cheats, by using his Sonic Screwdriver on the Xbox 360 to underclock the CPU to improve his battle time.
...wait... no... that's The Doctor. This is all manner of "wibbly wobbly", and a touch "timey wimey". Time for bed.
- Apr 22, 2012 11:52 am GMTI wonder if he was the one who came up with the Mission 55 NCU strategy, too? That's one of my favorite videos and it's gone now.
- Apr 22, 2012 7:19 pm GMTI never saw that one... so... maybe? I'm not well versed in the videos uploaded by the champions of Final Fantasy.
- Apr 24, 2012 5:22 pm GMTI don't know if you are interested in a project, but BMSirius is planning on adding the DLC monsters to the Tamable monster Lowdown section of the Monster FAQ. He can do all of them except Lightning and Amodar. If you want to contribute, check out it out. It'll probably be a lot of work for resistances and stuff, plus I'm not even sure how you would find out some of the info unless it is common knowledge.
Here's the link:
No pressure or anything. I just saw it and thought of you.
- Apr 25, 2012 6:14 am GMTWait... what? I'm not awake enough to actually understand what I'm being asked here. Is BMSirius asking just for the "Passive Abilities naturally earned" through leveling up Amodar and Lightning? If so, that will be a little hard for me to share on Lightning, since mine is fully infused, and without releasing her and recapturing and releveling her, I can't honestly think of a way to figure that information out off the top of my head.
...and I've already fully leveled Amodar... so I don't quite know what level each Passive he has unlocked at... maybe the Crystarium can tell me? I don't know if it will still show me at what level I unlocked an ability.
I've bookmarked the page, for later, when I'm awake and my brain works.
- Apr 25, 2012 9:57 am GMTSomeone else beat you to it, anyway.
- Apr 25, 2012 11:32 am GMTI feel kind of dumb now. My Purple Chocobo is sitting on Auto-Vigilance in order to attempt to prevent it from casting Vigilance on itself at the start of the fight (that's Noel's job if anything). It's not because Auto-Vigilance is good. In this case, I don't need the extended duration, so Auto-Tetradefense does more. It also completely cements the decision to use Resist Physical and Magic over Auto-Protect and Auto-Shell. I know we had already decided it but now there is no decision to make.
I'm not sure Resilience +40% is worth using anymore. It doesn't appear to provide resistance to Daze. Hopefully there will be some confirmation of this soon. Resist Fog +66% for Blue Chocobo would probably be better (though not necessarily the best choice).
It also makes me wonder if I should include Resist Pain +66% over Critical: Haste or Resilience +40% on Goblin Chieftain. I don't think I would replace any of the other passives on there, though.
- Apr 25, 2012 12:38 pm GMTLove that music Brings back fond memories of FF4.
No man cometh unto the FATHER, but through me.
-The LORD JESUS CHRIST. John 14 verse 6.
- Apr 25, 2012 7:33 pm GMTI just noticed today that my Chichu has Resist Ice +45% on it. I'm not sure how this happened or when this happened, but that sucks. It's hard to justify holding on to Pack Mentality at this point. Hopefully I can still transfer it without needing to transfer Resist Ice too.
Also, trying to capture Tezcatlipoca is horrendous.
I think I'm going to have to skip HP + 30% on Chichu now.
I can get rid of Resist Ice for my future Coms by infusing Gremlin with Chichu so I'm okay there. I think I'm going to skip building Yakshini. It's not good enough to justify farming another Tezcatlipoca. I already need one for Purple Chocobo, one for Sahagin Prince, and one for Microchu/Nanochu (whichever ends up getting to Auto-buffs). I can use the same Tezcat for the ochu and the sahagin, though.
- Apr 25, 2012 8:58 pm GMTYeah, I noticed that as soon as I ate breakfast, and returned to the thread, someone else had already posted it up... which I guess sucks, since I'd have tried at least to help. The only thing I could contribute was a simple two line correction to the list of Ranked Passives. Ah well.
Regarding Purple Chocobo... I never thought about using the "Auto-Buffs" to circumvent him casting buffs that you'd rather have Noel casting... but this is an brilliant solution, using Auto-Tetradefense instead. I dig that.
Resilience +40% may, or may not have a place on your monsters... it seems a pointless waste of a Passive slot most of the time, outside of DLC battles. I can't really say I'd use it on any Role outside of a Synergist or a Sentinel.
Resist Fog/Pain... I don't know why you'd need it. How often do you see that stuff hit you? The only battle I ever thought of using Resist Pain on, was Gilgamesh, and after seeing FFTester's methodology, I realized it would have been a waste of a Passive, and worse, would have taken away my Pack Mentality for nothing.
Speaking of Pack Mentality, I don't know that we'll see a monster getting it, that can actually transfer it. PuPu is a tease, because he comes with it... but it's Red Locked... completely ticked me off. But, if you've no choice but to lose it, to fix your Chichu, you've got no choice. We still have at least two DLC monsters coming out... maybe Snow will have it, but not Red Lock it like a jerk.
I have to ask... why are you hunting down Tezcat? Is it due to his ability to hook you up with Auto-Tetradefense, Resist Magic and Resist Physical +36%? I suppose that's a good choice... but as you're seeing, it's a pain in the neck trying to get his Crystal.
Grand Behemoth also has Auto-Tetradefense, at Lv. 59... but you'll have to kick off Resist Dispel +66%, which shouldn't be a problem at all (being a Rank 6). Plus you might be able to use his Magic and Strength boosters, to Yellow Lock them on your main build... assuming you want to keep them... that likely depends on the build.
Also, that video is crazy. FFTester is truly crazy good at this game. What's next? "A sub-ten minute NCU" Gilgamesh battle?
- Apr 26, 2012 1:51 pm GMTAuto-Tetradefense is locked on Grand Behemoth. Tezcatlipoca is the only source for the ability.
For a Sen, Pain causes it to fail to guard. This can be lethal. Not only that, but the fights in which you would use it (Gilgamesh) tend to correlate with fights in which a Sen is necessary. It's just a thought. For Blue though, I can't conclusively say that any of the possible choices will actually do anything at all, and it's frustrating.
- Apr 27, 2012 7:55 am GMTOh, crap... I didn't even see that stupid little "[L]" next to it... that just absolutely sucks.
As for Pain... that's true... Goblin Chieftain getting hit with Pain by Gilgamesh would be an absolute disaster... but he doesn't seem to use Eerie Soundwave on you, until you've Staggered him. At least, I've never seen it hit before that point. And you'd never be using Goblin Chieftain after the Stagger point... making it "useless", more or less. Still, a good thought.
And... yeah, I can't think of anything for Blue Chocobo, that I didn't already do to Lightning.
- Apr 30, 2012 10:38 am GMTWell, I finally caught Tezcat. That sucked.
- Apr 30, 2012 2:26 pm GMTYikes... so at least three days of farming? You got really unlucky with your farming man. But at least you caught him, finally.
- Apr 30, 2012 2:30 pm GMTWell, I've kind of had a lot of my plate. I farmed for an hour and forty-five minutes today before I got him.
I'm thinking of raising Twilight Odin. I'd like a monster collector and he's my best bet. I'm currently working on Purple and filling out the check marks in the bestiary.
- May 1, 2012 9:21 am GMTYeah, I know how that goes... I was about to say: "It took you THREE DAYS to capture him?! This game HATES you!".
I should start building up monsters, too... but I'm taking a break from XIII-2. I've spent way too much time on it, and I've got other games I'd like to play, before the final DLC comes out.
- Game Universe:
- Final Fantasy XI (PS2, PC, X360),
- Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia (PC, PS2),
- Final Fantasy VII (PC, PS),
- Final Fantasy VIII (PC, PS),
- Final Fantasy II (NES, GBA, PS),
- Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan (PC, PS2),
- Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess (PS2, X360, PC),
- Final Fantasy XI: Vana'diel Collection 2008 (X360, PS2, PC),
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, X360),
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (PSP)
- 16+ Rating Description
Final Fantasy XIII Navigation