Get more information about the game.
From the deepest bunkers and artillery posts of the Third Reich or the dreaded Colditz castle prison to the bulkhead of an aircraft carrier at sea, Commandos 2 features the most realistic and detailed gaming environments ever seen. Once again players take command of the elite platoon, utilizing each of their unique abilities to complete missions deep in enemy territory. Commandos 2 is the most immersive and realistic PC strategy gaming experience there is, creating a new benchmark.
- Stunning visuals - Completely new game engine enabling four camera views and playable interiors adding a whole new dimension to the game.
- More Action - Faster paced gameplay--including ambushes and shootouts--but retaining the hallmark planning and investigation elements.
- New character abilities - Team members are now able to carry and exchange objects and weapons and perform shared actions such as swimming or driving, but still retain their unique specialty abilities. Plus, three new characters.
- A variety of new vehicles and weapons, including jeeps, tanks, trucks, ships, bazookas, and flamethrowers.
- All of the missions in single-player mode will be playable in a cooperative multiplayer mode.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 2:33 pm GMT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 8:44 pm GMT