Santa Ana, CA – NIS America announced today that Disgaea3 is heading for the PlayStation3 Computer Entertainment System this summer. Much loved by hardcore gamers around the world, Disgaea3 makes a bold new step towards the next generation console with a whole new cast, story, and game system.
About Disgaea3 Disgaea3 is a sequel to Disgaea, a hardcore, turn-based, strategy RPG popular on the PlayStation2 and PlayStation Portable. In Disgaea, character units have a limit to their movement and attack ranges, based on level and weapons equipped. There are other special game factors that let you take advantage of the 3D battle map, many of which are unique to Disgaea.
One of the many new feature to Disgaea3 is the addition of a Geo Block, which creates a 3 dimensional battle instead of the traditional 2D. Much of Disgaea3 is yet to be unveiled, but rest assured, plenty is due to arrive in the coming months.
- Geo Block - A cube-shaped terrain-altering object. Players can use it to access and attack enemies where normally they cannot reach.
- Geo Panel - A group of stat-altering elemental properties that are placed upon certain parts of the battlefield. When there are one or more colored panels on the battle grid, it means an element can affect that area. The effect can boost or reduce your unit's stats.
- Item World - A special randomly-generated battle stage within each and every item you find. By defeating these special battle stages, you are able to strengthen your items.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 2:33 pm GMT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 8:44 pm GMT