Get more information about the game.
In a forbidden act of alchemy, Edward and Alphonse tried to raise their mother from the dead and lost their left leg and entire body, respectively. Immediately after the accident, Ed sacrificed his right arm to save Alphonse's soul and transplanted him into a suit of armor. The action begins as the two brothers head towards Central City in search of the "Philosopher's Stone," the only object that can return them to their former states.
Based on the wildly popular anime and manga series in Japan, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST has made its way to America with episodic programming on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system expands the tale in the anime series and is accompanied by fast-paced gameplay in which players can "alchemize" objects for use in battle. The story takes place in a lost chapter from the anime series during the Elric brother's journey to Central.
- Interactive environment lets you use alchemy to transmute ordinary objects you encounter into a huge array of weapons, tools, and vehicles.
- Animated cut scenes and in-game graphics recreate the same level of animation quality featured in the TV series.
- Versatile battle system lets you equip your subcharacter with new items and call him for help in battle.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 2:33 pm GMT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 8:44 pm GMT