Get more information about the game.
Automotive racing is much more than a sport, it's a lifestyle. Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc., the latest version of Gran Turismo 4 further demonstrates its mission to provide the most authentic driving simulation available in the marketplace. The new features will extend above and beyond just pure automotive racing,
Following in the footsteps of the PlayStation 2 "Greatest Hit," Gran Turismo3 A-spec, and a racing franchise that has sold more than 36 million units worldwide, Gran Turismo 4 features authentic racing gameplay that focuses on more than 650 cars, up to 100 courses and unique race modes. With an all-new physics engine and an all-new artificial intelligence engine, combined with revolutionary technology, Gran Turismo 4 delivers enhanced, if not perfected, game physics, graphics, and feel, acting as a near-realistic automotive driving simulator.
In Gran Turismo 4, the characteristics of the cars are realistically designed and calculated so that they handle to the "real life" physics of that particular vehicle, taking into account weight, speed, friction, wind, and more. Courses include various sites such as Nurburgring Nordschleife, New York City, the Grand Canyon, Tsukuba Circuit, and more. Highly detailed vehicles and environment mapping create broadcast-quality graphics, with light and competitor car reflections on the player's automobile to leaves on a tree shaking in the wind.
- New physics engine adding a higher level of realism in cars, which allows for cars to be handled easier.
- More than 5,000 polygons per vehicle capture exceptional detail, right down to the disc brakes behind the wheel.
- With an all-new AI engine, race opponents posses advanced artificial intelligence, which allows for behavior that captures human-like emotion.
- Refined replay mode with broadcast-quality graphics.
- Compatible with the Logitech Driving Force Pro Wheel To further enhance the automotive racing experience, in lieu of the DUALSHOCK2 analog controller, the Logitech Driving Force Pro can be used for the entire game. Available in black with brushed aluminum accents, the Gran Turismo branded GT Force Wheel provides a shifter for manual transmissions, 900 degrees of steering rotation and force-feedback. For more information, please visit www.logitech.com.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 2:33 pm GMT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 8:44 pm GMT