Get more information about GrimGrimoire.
In a world where science is replaced by magic, youngsters attend wizardry schools to learn the art of magic, and the most prestigious of them all is the Tower of Silver Star. Only the most gifted, attend this school to learn from Dummel Drusk, the legendary wizard who once defeated the evil overlord that occupied the Tower.
The game story opens with Lillet Blan, a student at the Tower of Silver Star is notified about the horrible event that occurred during her 5 days away. She is told that everybody including students and professers were all killed. Now Lillet Blan must investigate the magical tower to uncover what occured during the 5 days she was gone.
- In GrimGrimoire, Lillet the main character will not directly fight. Instead you will summon elves and fairy units to fight for you.
- Mana is needed to summon units and cast spells. To gain mana you must collect mana crystals that are on the battle field. So effectively command your units to collect and store mana crystals. Caution: Enemy units will try to collect the mana crystals as well, so defend your territory!
- There are 4 major magic types to master in GrimGrimoire: Glamour, Necromancy, Sorcery and Alchemy. Each have their own unique abilities and summon different types of units.
- Grimoire Battle System – Summon up to 16 monster types from 4 different magic categories. Each category is stronger and weaker from another, so summon monsters accordingly to your adversary.
- Side Scrolling Battle Map – Departing from the console un-friendly birds eye view of the RTS battle map, GrimGrimoire adopts a simple yet unique side view map. The 2D view allows players to quickly acknowledge the situation and navigate to battle enemies.
- 50 challenging stages – There are up to 50 challenging stages for players to enjoy. Each stage can be revisited through an intuitive bookshelf system that keeps all the stages visually in order for easy access.
- Stunning 2D Visuals – Prepare to be stunned by the animated "artwork" both in and out of the battles of GrimGrimoire.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 2:33 pm GMT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 8:44 pm GMT