Irvine, CA - November 4, 2005 – Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of console role playing games, announced today that Magna Carta: Tears of Blood a breakthrough RPG, for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system is now available at retailers nationwide.
"Magna Carta sits triumphantly at the crossroads between art and entertainment," said Sonoko Saito, VP of Production, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. "The gorgeous character designs by renowned Korean artist Hyung Tae Kim leap off the screen, transporting the player to a breathtaking world both foreign and yet, with its tragic tale of love and loss, all too familiar."
About MAGNA CARTA: TEARS OF BLOOD
THE GREAT MIGRATION 600 years ago, a strange disease spread across the land, turning its victims into stone. A war ensued, raging for several hundred years and continuing to this day. Tired of the fighting, one group set sail in hopes of finding a new place to live. After countless weeks at sea, the four boats landed on the continent of Efferia. The immigrants saw that the land had been blessed by nature, and so they decided to settle there and begin a new life—a fresh start for those who had lost faith in humanity.
THE FIGHT WITH THE YASON In Efferia, there was a race—the Yason—that closely resembled humans. Though not narrow-minded, they were not prepared to welcome these new settlers with open arms. The Yason and the humans maintained a respectable distance from each other, and went on with their daily lives. Though as time passed, they began to intermingle. However, the human population expanded rapidly, and marginalized the Yason. The Yason's hatred for humans grew until war finally erupted. Initially, the humans had the advantage because of their experience with war. But, before long, the physically superior Yason had turned the tables. After 30 years of fighting, the possibility for a peaceful resolution had vanished.
Calintz, the leader of a small, elite mercenary unit, the Tears of Blood,took up arms to avenge the destruction of his home. To end the war, the humans mounted a massive magic attack on the Yason's base, and Calintz's team played a key part. But, the attack was a failure, as the powerful Queen of the Yason was able to deflect the magic. Awakening after the attack, Calintz finds himself alone in the woods with a mysterious girl, Reith, who has lost her memory.
Little does he know, this chance encounter will change the future for all of Efferia...
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood Key Features:
- A 50+ hour fantasy that unfolds through amazing CGI cut-scenes and fully voiced dialogue.
- Unlock the secrets of the Carta System and unleash spellbinding magical fury!
- Character designs by renowned Korean Artist, Hyung Tae Kim bring the world of Efferia to life!
- Unique real-time battle system allows you to position yourself anywhere on the battlefield!
- Magna Carta: Tears of Blood has a suggested retail price of US $54.99 and will be available in a Deluxe Box Set which
- will include the following:
- Full-color 100 page artbook and mini-strategy guide featuring the artwork of renowned Korean artist,
- Hyung-Tae Kim
- Full-size Magna Carta poster
- Dual-sided coversheet!