CHICAGO - April 21, 2008 – Midway Games Inc. (NYSE: MWY), a leading interactive entertainment software publisher and developer, today announced that NBA Ballers: Chosen One has shipped for the Xbox360 videogame and entertainment system and the PlayStation3 computer entertainment system. With fast-paced gameplay and state-of-the-art player likenesses, Chosen One delivers classic Midway arcade-style hoops action. NBA Ballers: Chosen One is scheduled to be available at a U.S. suggested retail price of $59.99 "With Dwight Howard as cover athlete, NBA Ballers: Chosen One brings the franchise back to its basketball roots with fantastic gameplay and true, next generation graphics," said Mona Hamilton, vice president of marketing, Midway Amusement Games, LLC. "We definitely wanted to listen to our NBA Ballers fan base and focus on the gameplay elements that were considered most desirable to them. As a result, we feel as if Chosen One delivers the best over-the-top basketball gaming experience available."
Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic and Al Horford of the Atlanta Hawks are featured on the packaging for NBA Ballers: Chosen One. Howard has established himself as one of the NBA's elite big men, enjoyed a breakout season averaging 20.7 points and 14.2 rebounds per game. Voted by fans as the starting center on the Eastern Conference 2008 All-Stars, Dwight wowed the nation by winning the Sprite Slam Dunk contest with some of the most innovative dunks ever seen during an NBA All-Star Weekend. Atlanta rookie, Al Horford, who plays a key role in the game's single player story mode, is enjoying a fantastic rookie season in the NBA. The "double-double machine" has been named the NBA Rookie of the Month twice and is in the running for the NBA Rookie of the Year Award.
In addition to its superstar NBA talent, Midway has also employed the talents of two music industry heavyweights to score the game's soundtrack and to announce the game's play-by-play. Chuck D, the famed front man and founder of Public Enemy, serves as announcer and studio-host for Chosen One, and provides play-by-play commentary throughout the game. Just Blaze, who has produced tracks for best-selling artists such as Jay-Z, Usher, Kanye West, Busta Rhymes, T.I. and many more, produced the entire instrumental score for NBA Ballers: Chosen One.
NBA Ballers: Chosen One Marketing Highlights:
- National television advertising campaign on multiple mainstream broadcast and cable networks, including ABC, BET, ESPN, ESPN2, NBATV, TNT, and WGN
- Large presence at this year's 2008 NBA All-Star Weekend in New Orleans, including a full-court basketball activity area and game arcade at Jam Session, as well as partnering with the NBA to build a new basketball court at a Katrina-damaged, New Orleans elementary school
- Aggressive online campaign with top-tier enthusiast and mainstream consumer sites including NBA.com, Facebook.com, IGN.com, and Yahoo.com
- Print advertising campaign across multiple major video game and consumer publications including Game Informer, PlayStation Official Magazine, Official Xbox Magazine, SI for Kids, XXL and Dime
- Aggressive pre-sell / launch programs across all national retailers
- Dedicated web presence at www.nbaballers.com, the official website of NBA Ballers: Chosen One
About NBA Ballers: Chosen One
NBA Ballers: Chosen One is a unique fantasy basketball entertainment experience featuring one-on-one and two-on-two action with the NBA's elite players. More than 65 of the NBA's top superstar athletes come to life as the NBA Ballers franchise continues its legacy as the graphical leader in the sports videogame industry. NBA Ballers: Chosen One will put players up-close and into the action with new "action movie" style game cameras that highlight every move. Create-a-Baller and take on the challenge of the epic "Chosen One Tournament", brought to you live from the most exotic courts around the world. As you progress through the game, earn the right to use an NBA star's "Shut 'Em Down" Super Move or take your Baller online to test your playing skills against others. For the latest game information, screenshots and more, please click on to www.nbaballers.com.
Midway Games Inc. (NYSE:MWY), headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, with offices throughout the world, is a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for major videogame systems and personal computers. More information about Midway and its products can be found at www.midway.com.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 2:33 pm GMT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 8:44 pm GMT