July 13, 2006 - Meet the support characters that make everything possible for "One Piece: Grand Adventure" for PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and Nintendo GameCube. Monkey D. Luffy and his Strawhat Crew probably wouldn't be the same without all the little people who helped or deterred on their way to the top. This brawling, fighting action title features 24 main characters and near 50 support characters with unique characteristics sailing over 20 ocean maps and offers more gameplay modes and mini-games than the original.
- Shake hands with Karoo, a Spotbilled Duck and Nefeltari Vivi's loyal companion. Players can summon Karoo and ride him across the stage. If players jump or are knocked off Karoo, he will continue to chase after opponents.
- Exchange pleasantries with Dr. Kureha, a skilled yet abrasive, physician.
She mentors Tony Tony Chopper in the art of medicine. Dr. Kureha throws bottles of chemicals at opponents from a distance.
- Rub elbows with Johnny, a close friend of Roronoa Zolo. Johnny relentlessly pursues opponents across the stage and attacks them at close range.
- Discuss current events with Zeff, a former pirate and head chef of restaurant Baratie. He is a mentor to Sanji in the culinary arts. Zeff attacks opponents by jumping into the air and striking down on opponents when they least expect it. '
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 2:33 pm GMT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 8:44 pm GMT