Get more information about the game.
For tens of thousands of RPG fans, the Underdark--set in the Forgotten Realms--has no parallel. Now, one of the most popular and awe-inspiring worlds in the history of pen-and-paper games is reawakened, in this expansion pack for the extensive Neverwinter Nights universe. As war erupts between the diverse hordes of the Underdark and the heroes of Waterdeep, RPG players will experience an amazing array of characters, creatures and conflict. But that's only the beginning: Hordes of the Underdark provides a remarkable first in Neverwinter Nights play--it allows for rare and powerful Epic characters (only for gameplay levels 21 and beyond), making this pack an absolute must-have for true RPG players.
- The Underdark setting, one of the most popular realms in the history of RPGs.
- "Epic" gameplay, allowing for unprecedented power and variety in advanced game levels-- taken directly from existing pen-and-paper rules.
- New three-chapter campaign featuring over 20 hours of core gameplay.
- 50 new feats, many tailored to Epic characters.
- 42 new spells, including Epic.
- 16 new monsters, as well as Epic-level adversaries including devils, demons, and dragons.
- Six new Prestige character classes.
- Four entirely new tilesets, both centered within the realm of Underdark.
- Customizable armor and weapons.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 2:33 pm GMT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 8:44 pm GMT