WHAT: Pirates of the Burning Sea, the MMORPG featuring action and adventure on the high seas, is scheduled to begin its worldwide open beta on Friday, December 7th allowing naval captains, freetraders, privateers, and pirates alike to experience first-hand this highly-anticipated online game.
The retail pre-order for European players is scheduled to start December 12th. Customers who pre-order will receive:
- An invitation to the "Pre-Boarding Party" allowing them access to the live game up to 15 days prior to launch, and the ability to keep their characters, skills and equipment after launch with purchase of game and paid subscription (characters will have a level cap of 20 during this time)
- Captain's Best Friend – a blue and yellow parrot
- Mighty Blades - Swedish Rapier, Old World Steel or Musketeer's Matching Blades (depending upon which fighting style is selected)
- Original Game Soundtrack CD – 60 minutes of pirate themed music (comes in pre-order box)
OPEN BETA INSTRUCTIONS: North American players can sign up for access to the beta through File Planet at www.fileplanet.com. File Planet subscribers will get priority access, with beta opening to all other players within a week. For European players interested in playing, please go to www.piratesoftheburningsea.com for localized links.
WHEN: Pirates of the Burning Sea open beta is scheduled to begin worldwide on Friday, December 7, 2007 at 5pm PST. Pirates of the Burning Sea European retail pre-order is scheduled to begin Wednesday, December 12, 2007.
For more information on Pirates of the Burning Sea log onto www.piratesoftheburningsea.com and for new art assets log onto www.soepress.com
ABOUT PIRATES OF THE BURNING SEA: Pirates of the Burning Sea is an MMORPG featuring high seas action and adventure in a bold world of pirates and plunder. Set against the backdrop of the New World of the 18th Century, players can choose one of three nations – England, France or Spain – or choose the role of a Pirate and battle it out for glory and power.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 2:33 pm GMT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 8:44 pm GMT