Get more information about Rugby 08.
EA SPORTS celebrates the 2007 Rugby World Cup with the only official and exclusive licensed videogame that captures the emotion and passion of the world's fiercest national rivalries.
Experience all of the excitement of the 2007 Rugby World Cup in France as you challenge the best teams and players ever assembled for global supremacy. A nation's destiny is in your hands when you take control of one of the officially licensed national teams and power your way through a grueling six-week World Cup campaign for the sports' ultimate prize -- the glorious Webb Ellis Cup.
Play as your home nation and control your favorite players as you battle from qualification right through to a virtual re-creation of the championship final.
This is the season you take complete control of managing your favorite squad, emulating its style on offense and for the first time ever, on defense, using new authentic defensive formations. Adjust your defense on the fly to keep momentum on your side or counter your opponent's attacking style by changing your defensive strategy based on score, field position, and more.
EA SPORTS Rugby 08 introduces the World Cup Challenge mode that will test even the most hardcore gamer. World Cup Challenge re-creates 30 classic moments in World Cup history using modern teams for fans to unlock exclusive World Cup highlight videos. Compare your results with history and measure yourself against the world's best.
This year EA SPORTS Rugby 08 introduces a layered pick-up-and-play control system for set pieces and drop kicks. Now you take full command over every scrum and maul with enhanced push and rotation controls, make lineout throw-ins look easy with a simplified control scheme for the novice player and advanced mechanics for the pro, and master the new kicking meter to score those key penalties and converts. New truck and zoom camera angles zero in on all the action on the field by zooming in on breakdowns and set pieces during the game's biggest moments.The world is yours for the taking in EA SPORTS Rugby 08.
- Own the World Power your way through a grueling six-week campaign during the 2007 Rugby World Cup in France. Manage squad rotation and player injuries and track the progress of the entire tournament with a user-friendly, in-game information hub.
- Authentic Defensive Formations Now you can emulate the style of your favorite team with Authentic Defensive Formations. Adjust your defense on the fly to keep momentum on your side. Counter your opponent's attacking style by changing your defensive strategy based on score, field position, and more.
- World Cup Challenge Replay over 30 classic moments in World Cup history using modern teams and unlock exclusive World Cup highlight videos.
- All New Set Pieces Take full command over every scrum and maul with enhanced push and rotation controls. Make lineout throw-ins look easy with a simplified pick-up-and-play control system for the novice player, or master the advanced mechanics to enhance your game strategy for the real pro.
- New Kicking Mechanic Use the new kicking meter to master your drop kicks and score those key penalties and converts.
- New Truck and Zoom camera angles With an unprecedented level of customized camera angles, zero in on all the action on the field by zooming in on rucks and scrums. Have a clear angle of the uprights as you slot that game-winning convert.
- Authenticity Play as your national side in its official World Cup kit as you go for the ultimate glory on the world stage for the Webb Ellis Cup.
- Creative Scoring Scoring in single player action becomes more difficult as the action moves closer to the try line. Watch as the CPU tightens up defensively, forcing you to create more strategic ways to score.