Montreal, Canada. April 26, 2006 – Game publisher, Meridian4 and game developer, Frozenbyte are pleased to announce that their highly anticipated action title; Shadowgrounds has shipped and is now available in retail stores.
"It's an incredible feeling to finally have the game released in North America. I know how much effort Meridian4 has put into Shadowgrounds, and I'm happy that the retail box is so awesome and even includes a handy weapons chart," said Frozenbyte CEO, Lauri Hyvarinen.
"When we first saw Shadowgrounds we knew we had to get this title released in North America. It's high-octane, non-stop action had us hooked the first time we played it," said Steve Milburn, Marketing Director at Meridian4, "For anyone looking to have fun again playing a PC title, Shadowgrounds is your game!"
Shadowgrounds is now available in retail stores, including Best Buy and Gamestop at a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information about Shadowgrounds go to www.meridian4.com.
Shadowgrounds is an epic sci-fi game that blends addictive old school gameplay and modern technology creating one big, nasty alien-battling carnage festival. Played from a top-down perspective, Shadowgrounds give you full control over the battlefield and features a devastating arsenal of weapons, realistic and sometimes hair-raising lighting effects and tons of monsters to shoot, slice, electrocute and even flame broil!
- Upgrade weaponry with powerful modifications
- Face enormous monsters in boss battles
- Destructible environment allows players to wreak havoc with their arsenal
- Visit many exciting locations, including a secret military base and the alien-infested colony New Atlantis
- Fight side-by-side with NPC allies against the massive alien hordes
- Check security cameras and computer logs to investigate alien origins
- Realistic lighting with gameplay effects bring the aliens out of the shadows
- Enjoy horrifying sound effects and a thrilling music soundtrack made exclusively for Shadowgrounds
- Powered by Frozenbyte's incredible 3D engine!
2-4 PLAYER CO-OP MULTIPLAYER! - 2-4 players can play the co-operative mode on the same computer to maximize the destruction.
Frozenbyte is an independent game developer based in Helsinki, Finland. Founded in 2001, the company is out to show the world that dedication, hard work and innovation can still deliver inspiring games. Highly-anticipated Shadowgrounds is Frozenbyte's first commercial game and has already received much critical acclaim in Finland and Germany, where the game was released in November 2005.
Meridian4 is an interactive software publisher located in Montreal, Canada. We are a new publishing company, with new ideas and a different approach to forming partnerships with developers. The difference is we actually form a partnership – a true relationship characterized by mutual cooperation and responsibility to achieve the best possible performance for their products.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 2:33 pm GMT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 8:44 pm GMT