Januarury 23, 2006 - Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix™ interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that GRANDIA® III will be released on February 14, 2006, exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. GRANDIA III is rated “T” for Teen. Please visit www.esrb.com for more information about ratings. Additional information on GRANDIA III can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/games/grandia3/. For the official fansite, please visit http://www.hangar-g3.com.
GRANDIA III draws gamers into a wondrous world with an innovative battle system and uplifting story about the freedom in controlling one’s own destiny. The developers have taken special care to accentuate this feel, not only throughout the game's story, but also in the game's music and the openness that is felt while navigating the world map by plane.
Yuki has idolized the legendary pilot Schmidt since he was a young boy and has been trying to build his own airplane ever since. Loving the freedom of flight, he dreams of one day leaving his small island and reaching the mainland. In the woods not far away, Alfina rides alone on a horse-drawn carriage. She is a Communicator, one of the few who can speak with the Guardians, gods that protect the world. She is hurrying to a temple to take the place of her brother, Emelious. Resentment of his obligated duty as a Communicator has turned Emelious into a cruel and violent being filled with hate. Fate will bring Yuki and Alfina together just as the world is about to fall apart.
- Romp through vibrant and colorful fantasy locales and natural environments
- Stunning cinematic sequences are animated by hand without the use of motion capture
- Scan surroundings to look for search points or treasure chests
- Fly the skies by plane to journey from one place to another
- Use your sword in the "random encounter free" field to destroy objects or stun enemies before attacking
- Seamless transition from field screen to battles with over-the-top animations
- Semi real-time battle system allows for fast paced action and strategizing with a Command Wheel that breaks the RPG mold of typical command text windows
- Perform and link up Aerial Combo attacks for massive damage
- Multiple auto-battle settings for each character dictate fighting strategy ‑‑ in addition, utilize the Strategy Advice System for tips during critical moments in battle
- Control conversation flow during special event scenes.