Get more information about the game.
As the United States is caught in an embargo-induced oil crisis, terrorist attacks against American interests - and citizens - escalate. Venezuela, which still supplies the United States with oil, also becomes a target. As unrest grows in America, protests rock the streets of Caracas. And while the shadow of terror looms, madmen plot even greater acts of murder and destruction. No place is safe, no border secure in this hour of fear. Only one bulwark stands between the world and the threats that now face it: Rainbow, an international task force dedicated to combating terrorism in all its forms. A top-secret organization consisting of the best field operatives the United Nations has to offer, Rainbow is the most potent weapon in the world's arsenal. Backed by the most sophisticated technology available and trained to the limits of human capability, they are our best hope in the war against terror.
They may also be our last.
- 14 action-packed levels leading you throughout the world, from Switzerland to Venezuela.
- 12 minutes of new Hollywood-style cinematics (directed by Marco Brambilla, Director of Demolition Man).
- An arsenal of no less than 30 weapons, like the M203PI Grenade Launcher, and 8 Equipment, like the M34 White Phosphorus Grenade, available in first-person weapon view, to fit any situation.
- A redefined console oriented gameplay, with a new interface, new circumstantial actions, and clearer icons, to lead Rainbow to success.
- Cutting edge graphics, massive special effects (new lightning system, soft body system, fire FX, and so on ), ultra-realistic sounds and crazy AI for a unique gaming experience.
- Use your headset to shout voice commands to your three AI squad teammates to achieve extremely challenging missions.
- XBOX VERSION ONLY: X-Box Live! enabled: join tense multiplayer battles online, up to 16 players on tricky maps. Many multiplayer modes available (cooperative, survival, team survival ) Come and prove you are a man of valor.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 2:33 pm GMT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 8:44 pm GMT