This topic is now read-only on GameSpot.
To post new messages, please visit GameFAQs and log in using the same email and password that you use on GameSpot.
- Nov 15, 2012 1:12 am GMTThe DLC robo-dog nets me my first year 100, though to be honest, I hadn't tried to get there before this -- I was just nabbing the 3 records and the next creature unlock before killing myself to this point. I got all the DLC with Hyena, Chimp and Pig as my current unlocks . . ..
Honestly, this dog was just. . .sooooo easy. I just wanted to get my next three records (for Act 13) easily and. . .well, I said "If I can make it from the West park all the way to the suburbs for my last challenge, screw it, I'll go all the way." What do you know, I made it, with a fraction of a year left (already past the 75% mark). Sooo . .. yeah, did it all.
Got some weird challenges, had to get every single marker on the map by the end of it (so glad I knew robo-dogs can't breed) and actually had to sit in the sewers from 35-46 waiting for my next set of challenges. I am sitting in the Yoyogi Park Under, waiting since year 67 for 100. At 78 at the moment, still have food down here, and all the nests on the map are available for sleeping so there's that..
So surprised I could even take Dilo. . .umm. . raptors XD. Though the lion prides in the line gave me issues. Bet with this tux on I could even take them though. . .meh, not worth the risk. Year 81 now, and I am bored o.o Bleh. Get to 100 already, I wanna go die. Also, weren't there supposed to be more than one water puddle in here? Or do I have to go above ground and run to the little area off by itself, cause .. .I don't wanna go back out there. . .. Dinosaurs is scary things.. and I'll run out of food right around year 100 soo. .. Yeah.
Year 86, come to find out, you only need one water puddle with the tuxedo. You get all the way to max health on the 10 hunger you fill. . .. and only down to 210-30 or so while waiting. Just don't be late drinking.
I'm bored now. . .
Wish I had a turbo controller, would just set it and go to bed.... 91
I slept at year 97 to get more food .. . didn't work, but you prolly knew that. Got one new prey. 75% to 99! so close!!!
Year 100!! And the petrosaur that followed me to the entrance is still there. . .let's kill it!
It ran away --- found the out sources of water though, right by the entrance, and more in the second cave. I see how it is now.
Killed a pack of rapters and wolves in park west. Three caemen in year 104 -- let's end this! --- Soo. .. . I can outrun a pack of about 30 pretty damned easy it turns out. In line west now.--- OH MY GOD RUN!!!! SOOO MANY!! ....Phew. . . made it to the southern huighway of line east -- headed to the woods. Year 106
Come full circle back to the park east, via the sewers. I have checked every inch of the game, there is not one scrap of food, because even if you kill one homo erectus, it has a pack. Often MANY packs. But the park has that large pond that is more than safe -- or you could never leave the underground to begin with..Wait, fog. . .Year 118 and 3 AM I have got to get to bed. . .screw it, time to go hunting!!!
YOU CAN'T EAT THEM!!! The HELL MAN!!! Brought down a pack of 8, the whole damned pack. . .. then sat there and let the toxin kill me. Year 120. Rest in Pieces little robo dog.
36k year, 12.75k kc, 1600 rank up, 5500 territory, 0 gen, 61.5k challenge for a total of 117,350.
That was fun XD
mobo - uknown, stock HP compaq pc|AMD Athlon II x4 645 (3.1 GHz)| 6 GB RAM| AMD 6790|2x 2ms 21" monitor|5.9 score (graphics and hdd, 7.5 else)
- Nov 25, 2012 6:00 pm GMT108 years with the Dilophosaurus
- Dec 1, 2012 7:02 am GMTFirst animal to break the 100 year mark? The basic Cat, year 108 and almost to 109. Started the whole decline in Yamanote Line West, got to the western nest and mated, then came across three Homo Erectus. Bit off a little more then I could chew; ended up losing all of my cat's siblings before taking them down, and was surprised to find I couldn't eat them. Then, I headed into the park... yeah. There was a grand chase through west park to east, and then I made the mistake of heading into the sewers...
- Dec 4, 2012 5:47 pm GMTYear 108 - Lyacon
Just reached it, and just got the game yesterday.
I'm very proud of this run. First attempt playing them, completed all challenges, got multiple prime mates, used no equipment, and still had a pack of numberous items when I bit the dust. Waiting around just seemed so boring.
The real trial to overcome came from the final S-rank challenges. I needed to mark 10 territories, munch down 5000kcal, and reach a landmark in the West Yamamote Line, and since I had just mated in the Shibuya Woods, the only way I was getting everything done in time was heading Northwest, into a horde of jungle cats and ancient reptiles.
But thanks to some herbivore herds, lots of running, and a liberal use of my stored Stamina Jerky, I was able to just barely secure all the objectives, and even snagged a prime mate in the process. Of course, I had also summoned a wall of giant felines at my back scratching for my flesh & fur, and continued evasion nimble dodging betwixt raptor and gator and into any train I could manage.
At last, I had lost them, as they turned their attentions and appetites to each other instead, and I was able to successfully mate, passing on all those lovely stats for the final time. At this point, the utmost caution set in as I realized where I was and what remained to be done.
As I beat a stealthy and slow retreat back towards the Shibuya Woods, I began to wonder how exactly I should tackle matters. I decided on checking the one place I hadn't yet been, and the one area that seems highly recommended: The Sewers. Thankfully, it was greatly deserted for the most part, save for the very odd Tiger and Chimp. I intended to hide out for the long haul down here, but I quickly noticed a fault in my plan: old age.
With haste, I beat across the entire map, scouring for marking locations in the strange tunnels I had yet to traverse before, and back again to find a mate, any mate, as I held my declining years at bay with a horde of items, passing on my genes yet again.
At this point, I decided to re-discover the surface at year 93. A risk, but I couldn't help but wonder what things might have changed. I expected dinosaurs of all shapes and sizes replacing the undomesticated pets of yesteryear, and had to see them. Onward to Shibuya Station I travelled, wagering I could escape back down the pipe safely should the need arise, as the great beasts futilely tried to fit after me. And so I peaked my head out and found...nothing. Nothing but safe water sources and a beautiful day.
I revelled in the calm for some years, and then was faced with a choice; do I continue to enjoy this land for as long as I can, feeding healthily off the crystal clear water supply and a backpack full of items to see me on longer, seeking quantity of years over their quality? Or do I carry on and seek a grand adventure in this desolate world that nature is reclaiming?
The choice, of course, was obvious.
Pure LionHeart - Strong Enough For A Man, But Made For A Woman
- Dec 4, 2012 5:48 pm GMTWith that, I mated once more at year 102, so I would be well and truly prepared for a long quest. Leaving the bridge of my likely final home, I came to the epicentre of the Station and realized...there was nothing likely about it. Man had returned, and it was clear the time of the animals had passed. The map only further proved this, revealing a startling lack of food for my carnivorous pups. As I attempted to seek shelter into the sewers once more before I was spotted, it was then I learned I had vastly underestimated this Homo Erectus; they had gone forth and multiplied, and we creatures were vastly outnumbered.
Out of the pipe immediately, with an army in hot pursuit, the remainder of my Stamina Jerky disappeared as I narrowly avoided their swings. In the midst, a message informed me of a great battle between old and new according in the Woods, and I could think of no better place to witness my end. Through quick jumps and evasions, and guileful hiding, I managed to reach my destination, and discover the great cats engaged in mortal combat.
While the spectacle was awe-inspiring, it left me with an idea: Man was nowhere in sight, and tigers were creatures I could prey on. Flush with hope and ambition, caution went to the wind as I encircled the fray, waited for my time to strike, and removed the striped beasts from this plane with precision strikes. The large-scale battles continued unabated with one less solider of the new age, and as the claws moved elsewhere, I fed. And fed. And fed.
I engorged myself on tiger flesh, the area a warzone but to me alone a buffet. I had become a Boss, yet my hunger was not sated. I continued my feast, never sure if such a chance would come again, or if this was the last breeze the winds of favor would allow me. Alas, the battlefield is no place to get greedy, and akin to man and beast alike, collateral damage can occur. Admist the claws of the Striped and Sabred, I was caught and dispatched, unintentionally, with the felines never giving me a glance as they continued their assault on one another.
So ends my tale. I beg you tell it yourself to all who ask.
Pure LionHeart - God Of Thunder
- Dec 6, 2012 7:13 am GMTYesterday I finally hit 114 years with a black panther. Killed the tiger, got the ninja gear, then in the 90's I made my way through the lab. Got all the archives to play the last story mission and finish it both ways. Left the lab to find every area overrun with homo erectus. Heh... so that's how they make sure you die once you hit 100.
Just one call will cure it all. Take my toll, and break my fall.
Come and join my little war. You could be my broken whore.
- Dec 6, 2012 3:33 pm GMTGot 119 with the wolf a few days ago. Didn't really feel any animals before this and was just playing to unlock. Near the end I was just drinking water and waiting around till I decided to explore. Got clobbered
We used to be the wealthy elite until the "articulate dialog" tax.Now we can't afford stones for stone soup.
- Dec 7, 2012 11:11 am GMTI managed to somehow survive 153 years one time; I just forget which animal I used to get there. It's probably one of the smaller animals, though. Maybe the Wolf?
- Dec 9, 2012 7:50 pm GMTYay I just did it! I am so happy xD
Tiger -103 years
Basically the cavemen chased me till they reached me and I died :'c I was also starving so my life was decreasing while they chased me, it wasn't nice.
- Dec 10, 2012 9:26 pm GMTArrwoop! I can finally join the 100 year club!
Hyena 105 years.
I had an amazing 105 years,started off strong and carried on like that for many generations. I fought Dinosaurs with ease and fed from them,I spent my late 90's at the Yamanote Line,fighting dinos,sniping lions and running from ptrerdons.
When 100 years finally clicked over I had mated with an average mate (prime mate was sadly lost to crocodiles). Yoyogi Park was a crocodile paradise so I turned to head back into the urban areas.
I noticed two strange creatures and I attacked one,my terror to find them to be Homo Erectus and that was the beginning of the end. Luckily my pack brought down those two after a fight but going through the rest of the Line and heading for the Woods told a grim story,there was no food and now the mob meant turning back to fend for myself in the crocodile paradise wasn't an option either.
I had decided even in my triumphant time I was dethroned,outclassed and ran to the sewers for safety and food...none of which I would find. The mob from the surface followed me and cornered my pack and I with a mob waiting in the sewers.
I ran and ran,dodging the terrible creatures,my pack had been killed in the chase and found myself cornered on both sides,I rarely ran from a fight in my long Hyena life and so I turned and fought bravely but was no match...
UGH! It annoys me you can't eat those dumb fools! Hyena pride for life you cheating human scumbags!! >
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5797/hyuhyyuyhy.png http://i.imgur.com/Dqw9Z.png http://i.imgur.com/jFtLE.png
- Dec 20, 2012 1:42 pm GMTWolf- 136 years
i survived by basicly marking then mating the marking then mating. all without eating. just run and mark. it was the homos that killed me in the underground facility.
- Dec 21, 2012 2:30 pm GMTLion two times, the second time to year 120 and I began to truly hate the game.
No food anywhere (according to the map), only Territory I could conquer had only boss rank Women and for some $%&/ reason the Developers decided that you can't eat homos which were the only lifeform everywhere (and there were like 100 per map).
Wish the game could be played to no end if played right instead of getting overflown after just 100 years with uneatable monkeys....
Also I don't get a logical reason why Cavemen are stronger then Dinousaurs, Robot Dogs or Sabretooth Tigers...
I really hope they do a patch where the balance after 100 Years get a bit more reasonable... Would be enough if the animals at least could eat humans... Like in real life?
Considering the main hero, kirby,eats people alive, dedede isn't that bad. -caoslayer
- Dec 22, 2012 10:49 am GMTeasily done it with jackal, wasn't even trying to, was actually after unlocking animals but then decided not to kill myself right away but "stay for awhile" because the game is so addictive, was owned by homo erectus of course -_- how one even supposed to survive with them around? you simply can't do anything agaisnt them and sewers is not an option because sometimes they are in there too and you also have to change the next mating location so are forced to come out anyway, so cheap..
- Dec 25, 2012 3:38 pm GMTFinally did it as a herbivore
Honestly wasn't even trying for a 100 year run I just wanted to try playing as a small herbivore. It's a fun experience little guy could evade dinosaurs and s*** easy,like if I was playing as a bigger animal I feel I could of died way before the 100 year mark in some situations I was in. But alas he could not evade the terrible homo erectus
hope they choke on his quills >
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5797/hyuhyyuyhy.png http://i.imgur.com/Dqw9Z.png http://i.imgur.com/jFtLE.png
- Dec 27, 2012 4:15 am GMTI don't remember much about my first 100+ year run, but I do know the first time I succeeded I was playing with a panther. Homo Erectus beat me to death.
- Jan 10, 2013 6:47 am GMTJust scored my first 100+ last night with the porcupine and I have one thing to say:
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
- Jan 11, 2013 11:14 am GMTgetting low on food on the 27th year with a crocodile...mate died though.
- Jan 13, 2013 9:52 pm GMT103 years as panther.
Bot's Domain gave Wairo. a garlic. But Wairo. didn't give him an onion.
So Bot's Domain said "I love you"... but Wairo. said "WAH HAH HAH".
- Jan 15, 2013 1:39 am GMTLived for like i think 105-110
I was doing really good untell i got killed by the homos
3DS FC: 3093 7069 3182 ----- Pokemon Black FC: 2666 1379 8243
- Jan 16, 2013 7:24 pm GMTChick, 97 years... what? It was the chick and I got 97! I WAS CLOSE...I don't belong on this board
Proud creator of MGSGroundZeroes.Net and Facebook.Com/MGSGroundZeroesFansite and Youtube.com/CpmStudiosCheck out a game variety live streaming website called http://jjbblive.com/ My channel is Ch.3! God of War 3 Marathon at 11pm pacific!
Tokyo Jungle Navigation