All About Fusionmix
This is where my inner 15-year-old girl comes out to b*tch.
First year of college is over. I somehow kept all my notes, all the doodles scrawled during classes, all the CD's of questionable merit purchased 4-for-$0.25 at Half Price Books warehouse sales. All of these things have come home with me.
The one casualty of the move happens to be my DS case. I have the system. I'm just missing my case.
Which contains all of my games and a few of my favourite GBA titles to boot.
this almost causes me physical pain
I've owned this game for months, but only recently decided to try and beat it since I don't have a PC to work on any of my Steam backlog (playing on a little laptop is just not satisfying somehow). I'd left off at the very beginning of chapter 3 last time, that irritating bit with the catapults everywhere and Ashley getting abducted every few seconds.
Marathoned through chapter 3 into 4-2 in about 4 hours yesterday. Save file says 12 hrs because I had to leave it on for an hour while I went to class, but still. Game is awesome.
Mini-review of stuff so far...
- Looks really good for a PS2 game
- Weapons are well balanced IMO. I read a few guides for lulz and I'm doing a lot 'wrong' according to them, but I still feel like a badass. Even if the bolt rifle is slow and stupid, I've spent way too much on it to swap for auto now. Besides, one hit kill is one hit kill.
- Can't zone out during any fights.
- Puzzles aren't super annoying (REmake is pissing me off in this regard >_>)
- Checkpoints. And herbs are fun to ration and then combine into super-herbs >:
- Leon is a cool dude. I can actually identify with him cos he looks like a human. Pre-Gears of War games are nice like that
- Ashley. WHY. At least towards the end she was useful and I felt like I wanted to keep her alive. Still not sad when she left.
- THE AUDIO IS COMPRESSED AS SH*T. Seriously. Had I known about this I would NOT have gotten the PS2 version. Completely impossible to tell where enemies are coming from. Sure, this adds intensity, but it's really irritating when my guns sound muffled and an enemy on the other side of the gigantic three-story room sounds just as loud as the one next to me.
- Why is the main villain a Spanish midget?
- Fugly in some places. Didn't notice until I saw GC version - lack of bumpmapping really hurts it. And I do not gusta the prerendered cutscenes. Still, not important. Looks great for a PS2 game.
PS2 version is apparently more difficult because enemies can see farther and ammo is less generous. I ended up researching these differences when I looked up what was wrong with my audio and found that the drop rate for ammo isn't lower in the PS2 version, it's just less. So you get 3 shotgun rounds instead of 5, and 5 instead of 10. Or 2 rifle rounds instead of 5 :I. Makes me glad I stuck with the bolt rifle - what's the use of auto when you'll only get off 20 shots cos that's all that's in your inventory?
Still loving the game. I got some studying to do, but then I plan to finish chapter 4 tonight
Basically take each year of your existence and assign a song to it like you're making a mixtape for your life. But you gotta use music you own. I did this a coupla years ago but my iTunes library was a lot more constrained. So here we go, cos it's fun. Still a bunch of overplayed crap, but it's harder than you'd think. A lot of places the songs don't quite work, but there weren't good alternatives or lyrics precluded them.
It's kinda difficult when 80% of your library can only be applied to two or three years of whiny adolescence .
I need some less depressing music. Anyhoo, I call mine Average Stories for Paper Pilots.
- The Mystery - Tommy Emanuel.
- A Proper Story - Darren Korb, from the Bastion soundtrack
- Stand - R.E.M.
- Is It For Me - Toad The Wet Sprocket
- They Always Come - Dinosaur Jr.
- The End. - My Chemical Romance
- Walk On The Ocean - Toad The Wet Sprocket
- Float On - Modest Mouse
- Sam's Town - The Killers
- O Green World - Gorillaz
- Everything Is Average Nowadays - Kaiser Chiefs
- In The Morning And Amazing - Circa Survive
- Lying From You - Linkin Park
- Numb - Linkin Park
- Life In Paper - F***ed Up
- A War Inside - We Came As Romans
- We Are Pilots - Shiny Toy Guns (always wanted to make an Evangelion FMV to this...)
- Someday - Tegan and Sara
- Bad Sun - The Bravery OR You Found Me - The Fray. The latter is more appropo but so overplayed >_> Or maybe Sail - AWOLnation. Meh, we'll see what this year brings.
My Recent Reviews
Fusionmix does not have any recent activity. What a slacker! Maybe you should send Fusionmix a private message and ask, "Where are you hiding?"