I agree with all of your seven points. I have a couple of other ideas too, but I can't really suggest anything for RE 7, because I don't think I'm going to play it in the first place. Resident Evil since long time ago is a different game than the type of game that I personally like.
Ok I know that Resident Evil 6 has struck up some controversey, I actually enjoy it quite a bit, myself. The chararacters are always incredible. As a fan of the games for about a year now i've got the best of the old and new 4 being the best and down right creepiest. I like 6 better than 5. I even enjoyed The Lost in The Nightmare DLC more than Resident Evil 5. Why you ask interesteing story. So I don't know what they are called but they have the axe things that pretty much kill you in one hit if your partner had doen't save you. You fall down a hole and have absolutely no guns just your combat knifes. So I knifed 3 of these creatures to death with my sister. because neither of us realized that there were platforms to crush them with. So what does Resident Evil 7 need to do to bring in new gamers and old gamers and still keep a happy fanbase this is what I think.
What people don't realize though is these characters have been going at this for 10 years they've developed skills and are frankly not as terrifided as they were before. Just saying.
1. Bring in Jill and Leon- Ok I'm a huge Leon Kennedey fan I have beens since I first played 4, but Jill is just as awesome. She hasn't had a console game installment since Resident Evil 3. Jill and Leon working together would be awesome. Jill is a downright badace, and with.
2. Downplay the action- Some of Resident Evil 4 button mashing sequences were the most intense of the game and added a thrill to it if you screwed up. sometimes it was just fun to see leon die to see how it happened. The button sequences in 4 & 5 were fine. Residetn Evil 6 over used that anytime you make the character use the analog stick to look for keys with the analog stick its pretty stupid, now if I was timed and a freaking zombied slammed his hand through the window and started strangling Leon that would have been epic. Read my comment below to see the second part to this.
3. Make them creepy again- Your in a city in resident Evil 6 make it creepy twists and turns, debris from falling buildings strwen out across the road you can make this creepier. Don't make us chase zombies they sould appear out of nowhere scare us. 4 had an amazing thing that still stands as one of my favorite things about the game. remember the guys in the castle that chanted I hated those guys one cause it got louder, two cause I knew they were coming but I didn't know from where then bam they are there attacking you. I think there is a way to make a scary game with some down right awesome action sequences to it.
4. Bring back characters- as much as some of the new characters are cool and play to the story I would much rather like to know what happened to Rebecca, Barry, or Freaking Billy for that matter.
5. DO NOT MAKE IT LIKE 5- I mean come on so easy I can go back and replay levels to stock up on ammo. As nice as the concept is it takes fun out of the game cause you don't have the oh crap i'm out of ammo factor. I hated how you felt you were chasing down the zombies. Leon knew where he was going but didn't know what to expect, I can't say much for six considering. but come up with more unique monsters. chainsaws are getting old.
6. Rely more on the handgun- I remember 1 & 2 I savored every last shotgun shell, Arrow, Grenade. I almost always used my handgun when I could to conserves stronger ammo.
7. DO AWAY WITH TWO PEOPLE AND CO-OP- It takes away from being creepy. "Hey Leon no problem just shot a Zombie from behind you that would have otherwised jumped and top of you and started eating out your brains." That makes it more intense and creepy especiall in 4 when you have to shake a zombie off. Lost in the Nightmare is the way to go to revieve the series in my opinion. as mentioned above it was down right insane.
Capcom needs too look a back at the earlier stages of the series and find ways to blend it with todays stanards. Alan Wake deleivered a satifing Survival Horror expirence. Capcom can and will find a place for Resident Evil for generations to come i'm sure of it.
Btw about a month ago i saw your update ratting RE4 on Fuse and oyu gave it a score of 1.5 lol and i think GS glitched on you XD
I agree.Resident Evil Revelations did a lot of the things you've mentioned in this blog.But unfortunately RE5 ad RE6 were made more like action games.