All About WitIsWisdom
I will update this as I make progress.
I have decided to start a book project outlining the history of video game scores, averages, and evolution of the industry both through progress of technology and from the mindset of the evolution of reviewers.
I am going to start with the NES. If anybody has a good website or two with reviews regarding NES games both mainstream and less known, I am interested. I will be taking all known reviews (reputable) and averaging them out like Metacritic or GameRankings.
I do not know of a website that has ever done this. This will undoubtedly take hundreds or thousands of hours... however since I am working towards being an author, the time spent on the research can be used to double my knowledge on references as well.
Thank you to anybody who helps me along the way. This project could take years to complete overall, but for now I will be taking it a console at a time.
I have quite a few unlicensed NES games. I will list them and give a grading scale (Awesome, Great, Good, Ok, Bad, Awful) rating for each, and then a brief discripion. By the way there are 87 or so Unlicensed games for the NESnot including the 7 Aladdin dech enhancer titles.
1. After Burner (Tengen) Ok... would be good, but Seizure alert, the waves of the water can make you feel sick... ugh
2. Alien Syndrome (Tengen) Awesome, I actually really like this game... perhaps the SNES game Zombies Ate my Neighbors stole ideas from this title?
3. Bee 52 (Camerica) Ok, This game is just strange, but if you ever wanted to play a video game where you are a bumble bee, then here is your game... lol
4. Bible Adventures (Wisdom tree) Awful, This is the company with the Blue and sometimes Black carts. Originally the name of this company was Color Dreams, but they changed their name to Wisdom Tree when they started producing their line of bible related games like this one. By the way,did I mentionthis game is Awful?
5. Death Bots (American Video Entertainment) Bad... would be awful because the game is just so damn hard, but that is why I kind of like it... lol. Nothing like seeing 10,000 robots that look exactly alike and take like10 shots to drop a piece while your life gauge drops fast as hell. This game almost made me break one of my controllers one time. Anyways next up is...
6. Double Strike: Aerial Attack (American Video Entertainment) Good, a decent little side scrolling airplane shooter. Rips off a ton of games, but none the less its all right....
7. Dudes with Attitude (American Video Entertainment) AWFUL... just no... just... no... lol I still dont know what you are even supposed to do... sigh
8. Exodus (Wisdom Tree) Awful, shooting W's and collecting M's, bible trivia, and no... no point
9. Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy (Camerica) Great... why because I say so! LOL Dizzy kicks humpy dumpty's ass.. lol Actually, this is a decent game is you can get past the mind numbing slowness.
10. Fantasy Zone (Tengen) Good.... Must collect bouncing bacon must collect bouncing bacon... lol. No, this game is strange, and I used to think the money looked like pieces of bacon, but oh well.
11. Gauntlet (Tengen) Awesome, do I really have to explain this one? ****c
12. Impossible Mission II (American Video Entertainment) Bad, why was this game made? Good question... ZZzzzz ZZzzzz
13. King Neptunes Adventure (Color Dreams) Ok, cant be bad, because your a mermaid.. er merman? Um... lol
14. Klax (Tengen) Good, Klax whoop whoop... "It is the nineties" lol. get three blocks the same color lined up and poof (puzzle game)
15. Krazy Kreatures (American Video Entertainment) Good, another match three and destroy like Klax (puzzle game)
16. Master Chu & the Drunkard Hu (Color Dreams) Bad, moments of brilliance just make the 98% of the other time not worth mentioning.
17. Metal Fighter (Color Dreams) Good, not bad, you get to shoot things in a side scroller. You get to fly a um...... its a... well... its pretty bad ass.. lol
18. Micro Machines (Camerica) Awesome, one of my favorite NES games. Good gameplay and collecting mixed with racing and childhood memories = good times.
19. Mig-29 Soviet Fighter (Camerica) Good, blah blah blah another flying game where you are a jet. Sometimes its a little too fast paced for the NES, and its like WTF.. and other times it is so slow you wake up to realize your out of fuel... lol
20. Ms. Pac Man (Tengen) Great
21. Pac-Man (Tengen) Good
22. Pac-Mania (Tengen) Good. I didnt figure the pacman series needed any explanation
23. QuatroAdventure (Camerica) Awesome
24. QuatroArcade (Camerica) Great
25. Quatro Sports (Camerica) Great... Overall I give this three game series with a total of 12 games a score of great because there are some games that could have been stand alone games. Oh, wait some actually were...
26. RBI Baseball (Tengen) AWESOME, One of my all time favorite games and top 3 baseball games ever!
27.RBI Baseball 2 (Tengen) Great, didn't capture the feel of the 1st
28.RBI Baseball 3 (Tengen) Great, same as 2
29. Road Runner (Tengen) Ok, had some good ideas, but IMO a snooze fest of a game with little action.
30. Rolling Thunder (Tengen) Ok.... Why TENGEN WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
31. Shinobi (Tengen) Good, hard as hell but good.
32. Shock Wave (ACGI) Ok, so Solar Jetman meets Dig Dug meets Exodus, and voila Shock Wave was born... lol
33. Skull & Crossbones (Tengen) Awesome, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH matey. Ok, so animated blood on the NES = cool, and pirates = cool = this game = cool. lol
34. Super Sprint (Tengen) Good, Tengens RC Pro Am clone = not quite but good try!
35. Tengen Tetris (Tengen) Great, it's tetris enough said
36. Toobin' (Tengen) Good, very different, but actually a fun game once you get past the fact that your a fat guy on an tube... lol
37. Trolls on Treasure Island (American Video Entertainment) Good, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this game is so bad at the beginning it is almost funny! It gets a little harder later on, but you almost feel compelled to play it. MUHAHAHAHA
38. Ultimate Stuntman (Camerica) Good, this game is actaully not to bad minus the driving parts....
39. Venice Beach Volleyball (American Video Entertainment) Great, you gotta love some NES volleyball. Especially one where you can pick some cheesey looking characters lol
40. Vindicators (Tengen) Good, I dont really understand this game, but it is kind of fun if you can look past the whole tank in space thing... damn pink space tanks... grrrr....
Ok, well thats is for now... PHEW...
Sorry, but unlicensed NES games are my weakness I LOVE THEM!!!
This was actually a question in the retro game section of the forums, but I put so much time into it that I figured I would make it a blog
Edited on Apr 22, 2010 5:22 am CT Edited 10 total times.
My Recent Reviews
May 13, 2013 2:58 am GMTWitIsWisdom added Injustice: Gods Among Us to their owned game list
Apr 10, 2013 7:10 pm GMTWitIsWisdom added Final Fantasy XIII-2 to their owned game list
Apr 3, 2013 4:12 pm GMTWitIsWisdom added Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure to their owned game list
Apr 3, 2013 4:11 pm GMTWitIsWisdom added MLB 13: The Show to their owned game list
Mar 30, 2013 4:05 am GMTWitIsWisdom added Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 to their owned game list
Mar 27, 2013 7:49 pm GMTWitIsWisdom posted a new blog entry entitled My new Project
Mar 27, 2013 7:26 pm GMTWitIsWisdom posted in the topic On a Mission! on the union board Candid Conversation
Mar 24, 2013 1:20 am GMTWitIsWisdom posted in the topic China to lift video game ban? on the System Wars board
Mar 14, 2013 4:14 am GMTWitIsWisdom posted in the topic PS4 vs 720 leaked specs? Somebody help explain the truth behind the rumors... on the System Wars board
Mar 12, 2013 5:33 pm GMTWitIsWisdom posted in the topic BF4 console releases and beta on the System Wars board