All About daorack
You all may have recently noticed an absence on my part for a few weeks during my leadership of gotei 13.
Here's a few things I have to say to explain myself and to put some perspectives into recent events.
Here is why I was absent for that time:
1. I was working on getting an income going; for reasons that I would rather not openly discuss, I was unable to get a job untill now. Thankfully, that has been resolved, for the time being at the very least.
2. I had irl stuff to get taken care of, some of which were not job related. Contrary to what it usually looks like, (due to the fact I show up online at all hours of the day,) I do have irl stuff to take care of, and I do have other things I do. lol In this case, it was some work I had to get done.
3. My parent's health have been bad for quite a while now, but its gotten worse in the past 3-4 years. As such, it became to a point where they needed my help, and I had to get into a routine with that.
Now, contrary to popular belief, I did still check on gotei, and yes, I did actually care about the decline, and try to stop it.
Also, my reputation has apparently been trashed by certain individuals who chose not to let themselves be known to me. I had to be told by someone else, about the rumors going around about me. Now, I'm not going to ask them to betray the trust of their friends or other individuals who spoke to them in confidence. Contrary to popular belief; I am not a total and complete jerk.
So here is a few things I heard about myself from said individuals:
1. I'm apparently supposedly impossible to talk to or reason with.
2. I'm apparently an overly strict leader; bordering on being a nazi.
3. I'm apparently "too serious" and "dont have fun."
4. I'm apparently closed-minded.
Now, let me follow this list up with the actual FACTS about me.
1. I'm not impossible to talk to or reason with. Infact, I practically begged you all, three or four times, over the course of my stay in gotei, to TELL ME if you have a problem with my actions, or if you think I did something wrong. I cant improve on my mistakes if I dont even know about them.
The reason some attempts to do so resulted in arguements or being told to take it off the forums is because the individuals in question made absolutely zero attempt whatsoever to do so in a peaceful and logical manner. Instead of informing me of my mistakes or trying to reason with me; they trolled me. Gotei has had a rule against arguing like that in the open forums since before I joined; the rule has always been to take it off the forums and take it in private if you cant keep it civil. So yes, I enforced that rule.
If you bring the problem to me calmly and logically talk it out, I'm MORE THAN HAPPY to resolve the matter with you. Infact, I want to, because I want to improve. But you cant be hostile, abbrasive, and trolling about it; or the conversation will be over immediately.
2. I was only strict about a few key rules that are kinda nessisary to keep a fun community to hang out at. Letting trolls, well, troll, freely and without restriction, does not bring about a friendly environment. Instead, it ruins everyones fun. So yes, I chose to ruin my own fun a little bit in order to help keep gotei the friendly place it has always been.
Is that really a crime, though? I enforced rules that are in the TOS already to begin with. The TOS already states you are not allowed to troll or flame another individual in the forums. That includes in unions.
3. "Too serious?" "Dont have fun?" These statements couldnt be further from the truth; I participate in events just like every other member, and I goof off and the like myself. Just because I am willing to step aside from that to make a troll behave before resuming doesnt change that fact. I want to have fun just like the rest of you; but I also took up a responsibility when I became officer at gotei, and I will not just neglect the duty I myself agreed to.
4. Once again, "closed minded?" I dont even know where people got that idea. I'm always open to suggestions or thoughts different than my own. I honestly do not see where this rumor came from. Quite literally the only way I can possibly see it happening is if perhaps people were only reading part of my posts instead of reading the whole thing, and thus completely lost the context of what I was saying. O_o Not meaning that to diss anyone, I'm just saying; at this point, thats the only thing I can possibly see to give people that impression.
So there you have it. The reason for my recent absence. The reason I had to step down as leader of gotei. The romors I'v heard spread about me. And the true facts about myself that most people dont seem to understand.
Hopefully this can put an end to a lot of drama thats apparently been happening behind my back.
Well, I have created the Union Alliance to act as a neutral ground for all unions, as well as to facilitate communication between the unions and interaction between unions as a group. This includes inter-union events, but is not exclusive to it that. So far, its doing fairly well, for a new union. Its not the most active union yet, but I hope to change that. I have many new events in store for UA to make it more interesting and useful for the members and unions as a whole.
I appreciate the support that I'v been shown in this project so far, and I appreciate the help of the officer team I have now.
Although I will be recruiting one or two more officers soon, but I want to raise the population a little more before I do.
Well, the Union Awards final results are finally in. They were posted, debated, then reposted again after some corrections were made.
There were some issues with the way it was run, but we have all learned from the mistakes of the past and hope that next year, if the GS staff dont run it themselves, we should be able to run a better one.
Thank you very much Nightmare-_- for continuing to run this after something happened to the rest of the crew. The Union Awards fell appart, but Nightmare-_- held it together and kept running it, and managed to get everything sorted out, with some help from a few others.
Congradulations to all the winners in this years Union Awards! The results can be found here, thanks to TopStarRacer for reorganizing things and reposting them more organized. Kudo's for Ebbon_Valentia for the wonderful speach. Thank you for helping out Nightmare-_- when things were at their worst, and giving the Union Awards that final touch it needed.
The awards may not have gone over as smoothly as we may have wanted, but it finally made it through. The mistakes of this year most certainly should hopefully result in a better Union Awards next year!
My Recent Reviews
daorack does not have any recent activity. What a slacker! Maybe you should send daorack a private message and ask, "Where are you hiding?"