All About revway
just finished playing through metro. Not sure if I liked the ending. Could have been better in my opinion. But oh well, still a fun game!!
This is the latest of my fun times.
- Playing Metro: Last Night. It's absolutely amazing! I remember playing the first one in 2011 and loved it. And how hyped I was back in 2012.
- Watched the new Hangover movie while I were in Prague, cool! Super funny
- The latest episode of Game of Thrones. Oh my F**king god!
See you later!
Classic 9-gag Topic.
Anyway, I thought I post it here to so for safe-keep.
Now that I have a sick-day from work I finally had the time to write down some of the problems I see with Gamespot. Please take my advice and answer some of my thoughts.
I feel that Gamespot lacks synergy across the site. We have:
- My Fuse profile. http://fuse.gamespot.com/
- My "normal" profile. http://us.gamespot.com/users/self/
- An old settings page: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/preferences/aboutme.php
- An old inbox page: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/pm/inbox.php
- An old unions page: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/browse_categories.php
- If you visit mobile.gamespot.com it doesn't have the same color theme or layout as the web-site.
- Mobile site lacks many functions of the web site, including, logging in with your profile, reading the forums.
- Too many different shows. First of all there are tons of shows that Gamespot provides but no easy-to-read schedule on what date they runs. Second of all, if you visit the Shows tab it's simply starts to play a Show then randomly displays a bunch of shows on the page like "Gamecenter" and "Now Playing" that I know nothing about. What type of shows are they?
- Mobile game page. If you visit the Mobile game page you will find Android and iOS, no Windows Phone. If you also press on the weekly iOS Game Update it will take you to a 404 page because I assume the show Appetite for Distraction was cancelled? The recently released phones on the Mobile page are also Iphone 3. This part seems simply forgotten and not updated and is thefore onfocused and not necessary.
- The start page. Gamespots start page displays at a glance a few big news which is good. But what follows after that are a few sections that I don't think is necessary to display.
- Random screenshots. There is no need for those.
- 15 of the latest news. Having that many big news on the startpage makes it looks cluttered and force you to scroll down a long table of content.
- User blogs. These have no place in the startpage and should be moved to a separate section.
- Forums page. If you visit the forum there is no way to know what's the most talked about topic at the moment without digging into each section.
- The forum page also provides links to featured unions rather than relevant unions.
- At the end of the forums start page there is also a link to trending games which doesn't have any relevance to the forums.
Not user friendly design.
- No support for touch devices. If you are using a tablet and you press to view your Inbox the display shown when hoovering your username disappears.
- Gamespot start page. The Gamespot start page should display more information regarding your user and relevant content for the user.
- New information on games that your are following.
- People you follow and their latest blog entries.
- Latest posts on the forum that you have written in.
- Console start pages. When you go into a console page it displays 5 seemingly random posts. What are those? Reviews? News? Something of importance? And what follows after is the same as the start page with random screenshots and "awesome user blogs". It should display content of reviews, previews and news.
So there you have it. These are on-top-of-my-head stuff that I think you need to deal with for starters.
My Recent Reviews
Jun 16, 2013 1:31 pm GMTrevway posted a new blog entry entitled Metro done!
Jun 4, 2013 10:01 pm GMTrevway posted a new blog entry entitled Indulgence in entertainment.
May 21, 2013 10:00 am GMTrevway posted a new blog entry entitled "Made a forum-post, posts it in blog too"
May 21, 2013 9:58 am GMTrevway posted in the topic If I pretend I'm Marissa Meyer owning Gamespot. on the Site Enhancements & Feedback board
May 12, 2013 5:31 pm GMTrevway posted a new blog entry entitled why the delay, and why gamespot havent changed.
Apr 22, 2013 10:02 pm GMTrevway posted a new blog entry entitled still ripping through gow 4
Apr 15, 2013 6:04 pm GMTrevway posted a new blog entry entitled Gears of war 4 judgement
Mar 30, 2013 4:11 pm GMTrevway posted a new blog entry entitled Tomb raider was great, crysis 3 yaawn