All About sh811a
This will be the last in my talk of reboots because I just feel it's starting to get a bit monotious and I want to move on to the next two subjects coming up, so here I go. Well after the recent Motal Kombat reboot video game came out as well as an ongoing webseries going on right now "Mortal Kombat Legacy" there has been some talk and plans of a reboot to the Mortal Kombat movie franchise. I really like the first movie but the second movie really sucked and killed chances of there being a third Mortal Kombat movie. So here are a few things I would like to see happen.
1. Make the film rated R, because I want to see the over the top violence and fatalities. But most of all the dark fantasy atmosphere the game is based on.
2. Try to have more pratical effects and minimum CGI, nothing against CGI as long as it's done the right way.
3. Good casting as usual: Not sure who could play who may'be Micahel Jai White (Black Dimamite) can play Jax, Rain (Ninja Assasin) Lu Kang, Grace Park (Battlestar Galatica, Hawaii Five-O) Kitana, Jamie Barber (Battlestar Galatica) Curtis Striker, Katie Sarcoff (Battlestar Galatica) Sonia Blade; I know kinda spitballing but I really want the right people.
4. Well choragraphyed fights as well at the locations like in the game.
There also has been talk of a reboot to Robocop coming soon but unfortunately information has been scetchy at best. I love Robocop the first film is one of my top ten favorate sci-fi's and films in general. The second one I thought was good if not as good as the first. Though the third film really really really sucked! Sorry I had to be bold but that is how I feel about Robocop 3 which killed the franchise and killed chances of a proper 4 sequel. Here are some things I want to see.
1. Get the right director and scriptwriter: I heard they were going to have some unknown director and writer do the reboot. I know that sometimes unknowns can sometimes supprise us but when it comes to popular properties it's iffy. I personally want bothto have a cetain amount of experence to do this because I want the hand to be capable and qualified.
2. Get the right guy to play Alex Murphy/Robocop: I have no idea who could play the role but may'be Nathan Filion (Castle) or Tamoh Pickett (Battlestar Galatica), I know wild shots but I just don't want it to be a random unknown let alone a young pritty boy from the CW, heck no.
3. It has to be extremely violent with practical effects.
4. Have an evil robot or two to fight.
5. Most of all have a great story line and the satire to go with it, first one will set the standard but I was thinking for the second it could be based on Frank Miller's true "Robocop 2" script but if not then make it really dark where OCP has fraked up bad where Detroit City has litterally became a cesspool of crime and there is some terrorists that are building evil robots to take over the city and OCP and now Robocop has to kick major butt. I don't know something like that but just have a great story.
Well that's it for this reboot arc, if you have comments please leave them and I'll be back for a couple more articles.
This is the rest of my blog as for the rest of my cast list here are a few more.
Zhang Ziyi: Karie
Elen Wong (Scott Pilgrim): Irma
Mike Starr (Ed Wood): Burn Thomson (yeah James that's one I agree on too.)
Dolph Lundren (The Expendables, Rocky 4): voice of General Tragg
3. Action it needs to be really violent and they need to use their weapons, for the "TMNT 2: Secret of the Ozze" film the no weapon policy I can let that slide but that should ever happen again, the weapons are a trademark of the turtles let them use the weapons. I want to see real martial artists in the suits let along great fight chorigraphy. And if they make the film either PG-13 or R, I want to see some blood, I would say a gore fest but more like the typical blood splats like in the film "Kick Ass" and make it real fake blood not CGI blood which I'll admit I'm not fond of the method.
4. The storylines have to be really great as James and Mike said in the first film have Krang and the Technodrome reek havoc on New York City. For me for the second film, I'd like it loosely based on the "City Under Siege" arc in the comic series, where everythingin "New York" gets fraked up bad by crime organizations going to war for control of the city. The turtles would as usual get to work but will be further tested with the Foot Clan and Shreader in the picture.
5. Atmosphere has to be dark, give it the neo noir feel it deserves and is based on.
Well, that's all I have to say, I'm going to have two more two cent blogs coming up so if you have comments please feel free to post.
There was some news of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reboot and it will be live action which is good news though the bad news is the fact Michael Bay is producing, don't get me wrong he's not a bad guy it's just I don't want him to frak it up. And there have been a lot of opinions on what people want from the franchise one of them from James Roffe (The Angry Video Game nerd and head of Cinemasacure) and his friend Mike (video game critic from "Screwattack"), and I agree with most of the opinions. As a fan of the franchise myself I thought about putting in some of my two cents.
1.Practical Effects: I want the turtles and even the mutant enimies to be in make up and costumes like in the past movies (1 and 2 to be exact). I don't want them to be all CGI cause that would be cheating, I really want to see real martial artists in the costumes fight. But want to see good versions of Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, the mousers, you name it. On a side note I have see a photo of the new look of the turtles so I'm impressed I just hope I can say the same for the rest.
2. Casting: Definately a must I actually have a choice of people in mind.
Summer Glau (Firefly): April O Neil.
Ken Wantaboe (Inception, The Last Samurai): voice of Splinter.
Jensen Akilies (Supernatural): Casy Jones.
Andy Shirkis (King Kong, Lord of the Rings): voice of Krang.
Brad Duriff (voice of Chucky from "Child's Play", Death Machine): Baxter Stockman, even the voice when turned to a fly in 80's cartoon or robot in graphic comic book series.
Michael Clarke Duncan: voice of Bebop
Nathan Filion: voice of Rocksteady
Cory Feldman: voice of Donatello or may'be just a cameo.
Will Freadie (Batman Beyond) or Johnny Lee Bloch (Trigun): voice of Leonardo
(more casting choices on part two)
That's all for now stay tuned for part 2 but if you have coments now feel free to post.
Jun 10, 2013 8:54 pm GMTsh811a reviewed Double Dragon and gave it a score of 8.5
Jun 4, 2013 5:36 pm GMTsh811a reviewed Shantae: Risky's Revenge and gave it a score of 9.0
Jun 3, 2013 9:12 pm GMTsh811a reviewed Mighty Flip Champs! and gave it a score of 8.5
May 30, 2013 6:25 pm GMTsh811a began Following Fluidity: Spin Cycle
May 13, 2013 7:41 pm GMTsh811a reviewed Mole Mania and gave it a score of 8.5
May 8, 2013 6:54 pm GMTsh811a reviewed Art of Balance Touch! and gave it a score of 8.0
May 6, 2013 11:35 pm GMTsh811a reviewed Gargoyle's Quest and gave it a score of 9.0
May 1, 2013 6:11 pm GMTsh811a reviewed Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad and gave it a score of 9.0
Apr 29, 2013 6:10 pm GMTsh811a reviewed Vampire Crystals and gave it a score of 8.0
Apr 29, 2013 5:22 pm GMTsh811a reviewed Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ (DsiWare) and gave it a score of 8.0